Thursday, May 5, 2016

Portland homeowner forced to plant trees because of kitchen remodel project::

Portland Homeowner Forced to Plant Trees because of Kitchen Remodel Project::
Oregon, Did You Think Your Property Belonged To You?? 
A Portland woman has to plant five trees outside of her home or she'll face a $1,000 per tree fine. Lori Colbert received a letter from the city demanding she plants the trees by July 19 because her kitchen remodel costs more than $25,000. If she doesn't comply, she faces a $5,000 fine, plus a charge from the city to come out and do the work themselves. "It's frustrating that the city would do this, making me spend extra money, you know, I've saved for a kitchen remodel, I'm sure my property taxes are going to go up and now I have to come up with additional money, " said Colbert. 
http://katu.com/news/local/portland-homeowner-forced-to-plant-trees-because-of-kitchen-remodel-project 

No comments:

Post a Comment